Posting7 Questions - So how does your photography business stand out?
I've recently been looking more at different aspects of how our business appears to clients.
Key questions for differentiation. These questions need clear answers: – the more you have, the more distinctive you will be seen to be
- How Much?
The answers need to be directed towards clients and potential clients.
- Who are you – why should this matter to me?
- What do you do that’s different to all those other photographers?
- How do you do what I need? Isn’t this the same as everyone else?
- Where do you do this? Don’t all photographers do that?
- When can you do it for me? How flexible are you when I need it?
- Why should we pick you? Why should we take the chance?
- What added value do you offer us – why are your costs so high?
In particular I've been looking at some of our marketing materials and seeing whether they answers many clients' key question (even if they didn't put it this way)
What's In It For Me?
I'm curious to hear what strategies people use for differentiating their business from all those other Pro Photographers?
I've written up some more of my own thoughts on this at:
7 Questions - Is -your- photography business different from the rest?
Note that my own answers reflect the fact that I only choose to do commercial work ;-)